Rolls Royce / Bristol Siddeley Olympus 593 Jet Engine Turbine Blade with cooling holes, made from high grade metal.
Length Approx: 18.5cm
Used as removed condition as per photograph. Please note this is a standard/generic photograph, they are exactly the same type blade but may vary in condition.
The Rolls-Royce Olympus (originally the Bristol B.E.10 Olympus) was the world’s first two-spool axial-flow turbojet aircraft engine design dating from November 1946, although not the first to run or enter service. It was originally developed and produced by Bristol Aero Engines. First running in 1950, its initial use was as the powerplant of the Avro Vulcan V bomber. The design was further developed for supersonic performance as part of the BAC TSR-2 programme. Later it saw production as the Rolls-Royce/Snecma Olympus 593, the powerplant for Concorde SST. Versions of the engine were licensed to Curtiss-Wright in the US as the TJ-32 or J67 (military designation) and the TJ-38 ‘Zephyr’. The Olympus was also developed with success as marine and industrial gas turbines.
Bristol Aero Engines (formerly Bristol Engine Company) merged with Armstrong Siddeley Motors in 1959 to form Bristol Siddeley Engines Limited (BSEL), which in turn was taken over by Rolls-Royce in 1966.
As of 2012, the Olympus remains in service as both a marine and industrial gas turbine. It also powers the restored Avro Vulcan XH558.**
Our ref: 15102004